Shabby

December 5, 2010

Koh - Platinum Silver

Today I have a a very special polish on my nails, at least for me it is. It was my first prismatic one! And not just your average one, my eyes still hurt a little from seeing it in sunlight. This is Platinum Silver from Koh, a Dutch brand. I have to admit I thought this brand was Japanese, well, I was wrong, it's from my own little country, ha! Normally I'm not a big fan of silver polish on my nails, but this one is such a stunner. The prismatic effect is truly mesmerizing! Platinum Silver was difficult to apply. You can't apply it like a normal nail polish, it's all about filling up bald spots. A special base coat (like Aqua Base from Nfu Oh) may help, but I don't own one. 

I also have something funny for you guys! I was going through my nail photos and stumbled upon a picture of my nails when I just used this polish a year ago. How cute were my hands back then! *giggles* I don't even recognize my own nails!
Thanks for watching!!

13 reacties:

Silva said...

It's Dutch? Wow, didn't know that XD Your nails sure have changed! This polish is gorgeous, I *need* it.

Miranda said...

I love the color!! But like you I really don´t like applying Koh polishes, although I´ve only tried it once.
Not sure if you already know this, but you can also buy Fix Base from Gosh instead of Nfu Oh Aqua Base.

And look at your nails before :O shock! hahaha. Well, for all the ladies you´ve just started growing their nails they can see there is hope :-)

AmyGrace said...

@Silva, yes, it is! Do you see a difference? ;)

@Miranda, I knew about the existance of Fix Base, but hey, I'm not planning to wear this polish very often, so I don't think I really need it.

And hope is always good! :O

Renate said...

ohhh I realy love this color!!
and your nails are beautiful!!

Ulmiel said...

If the base was any other colour than silver I'd crave it. But I don't do silver polish, don't know why, just looks weird on my nails. Still, effect is awesome, it reminds me on China Glaze OMG collection. And your nails perfect, as usual. But you could sell the last picture as someone else's hand, I swear! Interesting, how nails can change, and how they can change ones hand!

AmyGrace said...

@Renate, thank you! :$

@Ulmiel, I don't do silver polish either, except for this one right now ;) It looks weird indeed!
How the length of nails can change hands.. it's crazy right?

loodie loodie loodie said...

such a wow color!

AmyGrace said...

@loodie loodie loodie, I'm glad you like it :)

april brooks said...

Amazing pictures of an amazing polish!

Nail Polish Junkie said...

Beautiful color on perfect nails:)

Cyan said...

I've never seen this polish before - thanks for sharing! It might not be for everyone, but I certainly want it now that I've seen your photos of it!

AmyGrace said...

@April, thank you!

@NailPolish Junkie, sweet! Thanks!

@Cyan, it's always nice to see a new polish huh? :D Thanks for your comment!

Smaltoitaliano said...

Your nails have the perfect shape for holos :>

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! I appreciate it very much and I like reading every single one of them.

No spam please. If you want me to take a look at your blog/website you can always send me an email with your link and I will check it out. Thanks for your understanding!